I'm on the Workout Wagon

Monday, July 16, 2007

Yes. You heard me right - Im on the wagon. The workout bandwagon. So today I went and signed up at the local clubhouse, and now have access to all their facilities, including trainers, classes, etc. Nice, right?

Why would I do this, you ask? Well. Let's review.

#1. I know it needs doing.
#2. OTHER people seem to think it needs doing and feel free to constantly tell me! (rude, yes?)
#3. The workout equipment in the basement just isnt appealing to me, and I dont want to spend $20k finishing the basement to make it aesthetically appealing so I'll go down there to actually work out. On the flip side, Im not moving the equipment upstairs, either.
#4. I had a blast from my active past on the 4th of July, when we set up a volleyball net in my backyard, and I literally ran volleyball ALL DAY. It was awesome - I almost felt young again (ha!)
#5. I prefer active team sports rather than working out, but I highly doubt I'll be able to get the gang together for weekly, or bi-weekly games on a regular basis, so working out it is.

Anyway. We'll see how it goes - I have to schedule myself over there for an initial orientation on the equipment and a physical with a personal trainer (I dont look forward to that person telling me how much body fat I have (*sigh*) but I do think I'll be happier to refer to that readout over the next few months as I (hopefully) shed pounds).

Im stoked about it! I actually packed my workout bag and have it by the front door - I wanted to go over there tonight, but I have company for the next couple of days so working out will be out of the question for the next few days - still. Im excited. Can you tell Im excited????

Bookmark this post:
DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Technorati Reddit Google

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congrats girl...I need to start...I'm gaining weight!! ahhh!

Post a Comment