Getaway?

Saturday, February 2, 2008



So last weekend we had a "girls getaway" weekend, thanks very kindly to EDubbs who spearheaded and planned the whole thing. What a darling. So, I wondered (to myself) if I would spend the weekend in private claustrophobia, what with me be travel weary and it being 7 girls in a 2 bedroom all weekend. AND I had flown to New Jersey at 6am on Thursday morning, flown back to Chicago on Friday morning, went straight to the office, worked all day, went straight home - did NOT unpack, instead packed my bags (with awell-rested Tiph looking over my shoulder breathing down my neck) into the car and headed straight for Fox River.

Much to my surprise I was embued with sudden strength - in fact, though I was indeed a shocker to gals by being the first to bed after a robust cup of coffee, I stayed up FAR past what I thought my normal limit. So HA, ladies. Yes I do go to bed at a reasonable hour. Needless to say, we had a BLAST. And we didnt even leave go outside on Saturday (*Liz had duties so she did, and Im sure some kind creature took out the trash to the front stoop. God bless you.)

The scripture admonishes us to "know them that labour among you," and indeed I recommend it. No better way to get to know your fellow saints than to lock yourself away with them for a few days - so thanks again ladies, thanks EDubbs, and thank the lord!

Bookmark this post:
DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Technorati Reddit Google

0 comments:

Post a Comment